Tuesday, August 14, 2012

a fresh view

"To cleave the truth of our own lives, to lift and look beneath our own stones, is to see glimmers at least of His life, of His life struggling to come alive in our lives, His story whispering like a song through the babble and drone of ours." -Frederick Buechner 





This how it seems to me 
Life is only therapy 
Real expensive and 
No guarantees 
So I lie here on the couch 
With my heart hanging out 
Frozen solid with fear 
Like a rock in the ground 
 
But You move me 
You give me courage I didn't know I had, 
You move me 
I can't go with You and stay where I am so, 
You move me 
 
Here is how love was to me 
I could look and not see 
Going through the emotions 
Not knowing what they mean 
And it scared me so much 
That I just wouldn't budge 
I might have stayed there forever 
If not for Your touch 
 
Oh, but You move me 
Out of myself and into the fire 
You move me 
Burning with love and with hope and desire, 
How You move me 
 
You go whistling in the dark 
Making light of it, making light of it 
And I follow with my heart 
Laughing all the way 
Oh, 'cause You move me 
You get me dancing and You make me sing, 
You move me 
Now I'm taking delight in every little thing 
How You move me 
Oh, You move me


When we were going through the house in Knoxville one last time, we found this little figurine behind a curtain on a windowsill. How fitting to have this as a symbol of this next chapter.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment