Monday, August 27, 2012

Welcome to the Neighborhood!

I thought this hit the nail on the head this morning: "Trust Me in the midst of a messy day. Your inner calm- your Peace in My Presence- need not be shaken by what is going on around you. Though you live in this temporal world, your innermost being is rooted and grounded in eternity. When you start to feel stressed, detach yourself from the disturbances around you. Instead of desperately striving to maintain order and control in your little world, relax and remember that circumstances cannot touch My Peace. Seek My Face, and I will share My mind with you, opening your eyes to see things from My perspective. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid. The Peace I give is sufficient for you." -Sarah Young 


Good words since we heard from the moving company that there has been a delay in the truck coming with our stuff! They have not even loaded it and could not give us an update today. Unbelievable!!  I am trying to make the best of it, and I began to prep the house for painting now. I worked all day on cleaning the walls and cupboards so that I can dig into painting primer on the walls tomorrow. 

I wonder if I made the mistake of asking God to teach me patience earlier this summer. Hmmmm.... I am getting so many opportunities to practice this!! 





Anna's new reading nook in our front yard 

at Cowen Park on Sunday morning 


a great welcome to the neighborhood 

This seems like it should be a Far Side cartoon 

:) holding hands in case of a snake crossing... 

sweet trails near our house in Cowen Park 

across the street on Sunday afternoon 

ready for Seattle! 

first magnets on the refrigerator! 




No comments:

Post a Comment