Sunday, August 5, 2012

lessons from the circus

 The Galilee Circus, a Jewish-Arab circus youth troupe, performed at the City Museum yesterday in the circus ring with the St. Louis Flying Arches, a youth circus troupe of the city's group called Circus Harmony. It was amazing to watch these kids perform and dazzle the audience with their tricks and stunts.  One of the most inspiring parts was seeing kids from so many backgrounds working together in the show and having such a good time together.  I loved watching how well they did when they made a mistake in the show. If a juggling baton was dropped or if someone stumbled, they simply flashed a big smile and tried again. It spoke to me as I think about mistakes I've made and how I can learn from these beautiful kids as they didn't dwell on the missteps but they hopped up and jumped right back into the game with a positive attitude and a willingness to begin again. :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment