Tuesday, September 18, 2012

unraveling....

Last night, I felt like I was about to "cry UNCLE" with all the chaos in our lives and was just wishing for a magic wand to wave in the air to take care of all the unfinished tasks all around me-- we have had so much transition and an onslaught of so many unforeseen circumstances that have been so very challenging this summer.  Being surrounded by boxes and still not settled yet, I certainly look forward to having more order in my world.  If anything, this season has reminded me that any control we think we have is just an illusion and that we are in a broken world, "where things are constantly unraveling around the edges. Only a vibrant relationship with God can keep me from coming unraveled..." (from Jesus Calling 9/18) 


Thankful that the day today was much better and that I did not feel the need to "cry uncle" anymore...  Just taking it all one step at a time, not stressing that things are not all done yet, and learning to cast my cares on Him... 

so thankful that I spotted this leaf on my run today.... I will take it as a reminder of God's constant love once again... 

her cozy spot by her bed where I found her this morning 

We got out the microscope that Abba gave us for Christmas and have it in our kitchen... Taylor had fun checking out his bagel under it this morning before school... 

sweet Anna made her bed all by herself this morning.... (no one asked her to do it at all...) :) 


a little glimpse of Anna at recess at her new school (as of yesterday!) ... 

We got a school transfer email from the district on Saturday, and the kids changed schools on Monday to Laurelhurst Elementary (closer to our house than BF Day).  We had been on the waiting list since July and two spots opened up for our kids this weekend.  Taylor had a rough start on Monday, but loved it today, and Anna has been so happy there. (This explains some of the hard stuff that surfaced yesterday and MORE transition in our world...) 

Taylor with his new buddy Camden at lunch today 

new friends 

random picture that I took for Jason.... thought he would be SO pleased to know that the school composts in the cafeteria!! 

sorry this is fuzzy-- this is for food, plant and wood scraps in the cafeteria. Gotta love how green this place is... 

No comments:

Post a Comment