Friday, August 23, 2013

one hundred things...

When Jason and I worked in Yosemite, we had a friend named Steve Thorn who was a mountain man extraordinaire (appropriately nicknamed "Sven").  He challenged us one summer to try to do one hundred things before the end of the summer that we had never done before.  It was a "carpe diem" kind of a challenge that encouraged me to jump in ice cold lakes I may never have jumped in before and that stretched me out of my comfort zone.
Today, Anna and Taylor added another adventure to their list of a hundred things as they tried windsurfing for the first time with our friends Evan and Arie who shared their expertise with us.  Even with minimal winds on Lake Washington today, they were able to test the waters and get their feet wet. :) What a great experience!










No comments:

Post a Comment