Thursday, March 23, 2017

leap of faith

Janie gave us a frame around Christmas time that I brought back and put in the kitchen so I would see it everyday. I've experimented with different pictures there, but this one wins the prize in my book as it is such a classic picture of grace in our family.  I need this reminder each and every day to turn to God (and "to run to Him and not away from Him" as Anna said when she was a wise little 5 1/2 year old when she was drawn to this picture from the Jesus Storybook Bible). 
 “The leap of faith always means loving without expecting to be loved in return, giving without wanting to receive, inviting without hoping to be invited, holding without asking to be held. And every time I make a little leap, I catch a glimpse of the One who runs out to me and invites me into his joy, the joy in which I can find not only myself, but also my brothers and sisters. Thus the disciplines of trust and gratitude reveal the God who searches for me, burning with desire to take away all my resentments and complaints and to let me sit at his side at the heavenly banquet.” -Henri Nouwen Return of the Prodigal Son

No comments:

Post a Comment