Saturday, July 31, 2021

July Twenty-Twenty-One

 

“Twinkle lights are the perfect metaphor for joy. Joy is not a constant. It comes to us in moments—often ordinary moments. Sometimes we miss out on the bursts of joy because we’re too busy chasing down extraordinary moments. Other times we’re so afraid of the dark that we don’t dare let ourselves enjoy the light. A joyful life is not a floodlight of joy. That would eventually become unbearable. I believe a joyful life is made up of joyful moments gracefully strung together by trust, gratitude, inspiration, and faith.” -Brene Brown 





"We thank you for the splendor of the whole creation, for the beauty of this world, for the wonder of life, and for the mystery of love."  - The Book of Common Prayer



“I sometimes forget that
I was created for joy
My mind is too busy
My heart is too heavy
Heavy for me to remember
that I have been
called to dance,
the sacred dance for life,
I was created to smile
to love
to be lifted up
and lift others up
O sacred one,
Untangle my feet
from all that ensnares
Free my soul
That we might
Dance
and that our dancing
might be contagious.” 
Hafiz




"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing. " 

-Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.







“Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.”
- Robert Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment