Friday, June 14, 2013

Last Day of School!

Oh my- we now have a rising 3rd grader and 5th grader in our house!!! 
We are so thankful for Laurelhurst Elementary School and for the year Anna and Taylor have both had at this school this year! 






last day assembly today 

Taylor being recognized for being a 2nd grader on the Bee Team for unicycling 


4th grade buddies 




Anna was honored in her class as the recipient of the Seymour Kaplan Humanitarian Award. (A boy and a girl are chosen by their classmates in each class.) This award goes to students who go out of their way to help others.  I did not know anything about it, but someone told me I should go to the assembly this morning, and I got to see her go up on stage to receive her certificate.  WOW! I am so very thankful for her sweet spirit. 





a dramatic goodbye 
Helene and Anna' 
(fake crying): "I'll never see you again!" 
(happy as if nothing ever happened): "Bye! See you tomorrow!" 



Below are the notes from pages from the book Oh the Places You'll Go in which we have gathered notes from their teachers each year on pages through the book. I got teary-eyed reading them. :)  
Here's where we got the idea: 





No comments:

Post a Comment