Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Laughter is Good Medicine...

Last night at dinner, Jason was telling Anna and Taylor something that gave them the giggles. 
Belly laughter is such good medicine and I am so grateful for the way Jason knows how to get this going.... 





Speaking of laughter, I was biking home from my class tonight at SPU, and it started raining BUCKETS.  At one point, I was laughing out loud as the rain was coming down so hard on me on the Burke Gilman Trail.  This is not the typical Seattle mist... this reminded me of good old Tennessee rain storms. 
My sweet friend Amy Figg in Knoxville always reminded me that being in the rain is a great way to remember our baptism. As I was biking tonight, I kept thinking about that. 
When we are caught in storms, we are given the opportunity to remember that we have been sealed with God's Spirit and that we are loved beyond measure. 
Certainly storms can embitter us too, but I am reminded that we are given a choice. 
We have the choice to let the rain wash over us and make us new.  
When the rain comes, we can choose to laugh at the days to come because of this knowledge of his love. 

little wet rat... 


No comments:

Post a Comment