Wednesday, February 12, 2014

a pre-Valentine celebration

We have a Valentine tradition of writing special Valentines to each other, getting dressed up for a fun family dinner together at home, reading our Valentines out loud to one another during dessert time and then having a little dance party together. Since this Friday is busy with lacrosse practice for Taylor and a birthday party for Anna, we celebrated our family Valentine's traditions last night.  Even though I was pretty happy in my sweats while cooking dinner and I thought about us just all coming to dinner in our pajamas, I knew that the effort is worth it to take these times to stop and celebrate each other.  (And it does not take much to convince me to dress up!) 

Giving thanks for this sweet family to share in these traditions year after year... 

Here are some pictures of my favorite Valentines in the world below... 

    

The teacher in me gives out the assignment each year to us all and we all have this chance to say "I LOVE YOU!" 
It's such fun to look at our notebook through the years where we keep all these letters and to see this snapshot every year of love in this place. 

this boy's got personality! :) 
love it... 



yum yum... 


love all around 





reading to Daddy... 

and we all even wrote a little something to Poppy! 







dancing in the kitchen with Poppy after dinner 


our dance party- don't miss this chance to see a daddy daughter dance and a great lip-sync by Taylor 




No comments:

Post a Comment