Thursday, February 20, 2014

worth every mile...

Anna, Taylor, and I drove down to Gresham, OR today to visit Pastor Kaaleng who was there with Joy Karanick (his host on his month-long visit to the US).  They came to Gresham as Pastor Kaaleng will be ministering at an Arabic Christian church in the Portland area this weekend.  Logging almost 400 miles was worth every mile to get to greet this dear man who has influenced my life so much over the years. I met him for the first time in 1994 when he hosted me in his village in Lodwar during my time with Intervarsity's Global Project to Kenya that summer.  Out of that relationship, Children of the Kingdom was born, and it is hard to believe that it has been 20 years since that first meeting! My heart overflows with joy over the humble heart of this man who has shaped the Turkana region with his love for God and for his Turkana brothers and sisters so faithfully through the years.

Taylor towers over us all for this picture with Pastor Kaaleng...  

3-6 Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God’s Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears.
Philippians 1:3-6 The Message 





a sweet time with Joy Karanick around the table this afternoon at the home of 
Pastor John Baskaron and his wife Awatef 






No comments:

Post a Comment