Sunday, July 13, 2014

Magnolia

2 weeks from today, Jason and I will be celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary. And tonight, Heather who is in town came for dinner and brought a magnolia blossom to our door just like the one she carried as she walked down the aisle and stood by my side on 7/27/96. If I were to be married to Jason again today, I'd certainly want Heather by my side holding a magnolia blossom. I sure am thankful for many many years of sweet friendship with her... 

(She spotted it in our neighbor's yard where there is a giant magnolia tree and picked it for me and she also told her kids (Georgia Mae and Ian) the story about how Dad climbed the tree by the police department and picked magnolia blossoms for the bridesmaids that day.) 

What a gift to find a magnolia blossoms in July then and now! 







No comments:

Post a Comment