Thursday, October 23, 2014

A favorite prayer…

This morning, I started off my class with this prayer below by Richard Foster. It has been one of my favorites for over 20 years. I keep coming back to it when words fail me. When I checked my email this morning after class, I got a message from Jason letting me know that Taylor had a bumpy start to his morning. It was so good for me to be able to pray this prayer especially asking God to care for Taylor with the care that is beyond my abilities and beyond even my best thoughts and hopes for him. I am so grateful that we serve a God who is faithful and whose mercies never end.

A Prayer of Surrender
by Richard Foster
Today, O Lord, I yield myself to you.
May your will be my delight today. 
May your way have perfect sway in me. 
May your love be the pattern of my living. 
I surrender to you my hopes, my dreams, my ambitions. 
Do with them what you will, when you will, as you will. 
I place into your loving care my family, my friends, my future. 
Care for them with the care that I can never give. 
I release into your hands my need for control, my craving for status, my fear of of security. 
Eradicate the evil, purify the good, and establish your kingdom on earth. 
For Jesus' sake, amen.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment