Thursday, October 16, 2014

the power of observation

I love when friends are able to make observations about Anna and Taylor that I do not see as clearly because I am with them all of the time.  Heather Fosth is one such friend who has been by my side for over 20 years who knows me inside and out and who has been getting to know Anna and Taylor too over the last decade or so.. She is discerning like no one else I know and she has a gift with words that is a rare and deep and spot on. 

Here are a few of her comments on some pictures I've posted: 
When I look at pictures of you or your kids, I guess I'm always watching more for how they look or change or little hints into who they are rather than what fun thing y'all are doing. (Although I do like watching the fun things!) How Taylor, as he has gotten older, has started to turn his whole body towards the camera more but he still has a funny, "hey-there" look out of the corner of his eye. How Anna seems to have two delightful smiles (probably many more!): one is a sweet smile-for-the-camera smile (in fact I think she is smiling at you. I don't think she notices the camera anymore!) and the other when her smile just bursts out in the moment.  (from spring 2013) 

This screenshot was from a comment she made on Facebook from Anna's school picture this year: 



I saved this comment too from an email response one time, but I can't remember who sent it to me-  
(It's right on the money too!) 
"I love the contrast in their styles. Anna has a flowing look; Taylor's is bold. And that hat Anna is wearing! Oh my goodness, SWEETNESS!



an old favorite picture below from Halloween 2012... 


No comments:

Post a Comment