Tuesday, October 14, 2014

grace on our doorstep

Our beloved red wagon was stolen from our front yard about a month ago. Someone dumped all the dirt out of it with the oregano, basil and tomato plants that we had grown in there this summer when we turned it into a planter, and then they walked off rolling a red wagon down the street somewhere.  Since they stole it under the cover of night, I wonder if they were surprised the next day to find out that it had holes in it from our repurposing efforts and that it had rust all over it since it was practically an antique...

  When we discovered that our wagon was missing, I emailed a few neighbors and just asked them to keep their eyes out for the wagon.  Christine, our neighbor across the street (who already is one of our favorite people in the world because she has 2 Mini Rexes (bunnies like Poppy)), emailed me quickly back and told me that they had an extra one at their house over on Vashon Island.  

Her offer was incredibly generous, but I had not put a lot of thought into it until she rang our doorbell yesterday and I walked out to see the most beautiful shiny red wagon sitting on our porch. 
It might as well have been Christmas morning!!! 

This is what I love about our neighborhood. 
Yes, we have some colorful things happen here in the UDistrict. 
But- the ways that grace shows up at our doorstep is one of the most beautiful things in the world and I don't think I'd trade it for anything...  

grace disguised as a red wagon... 

Poppy in the red wagon 




Needless to say, this ride did not last very long. 
Poppy hopped out right after I took this picture. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment