Wednesday, September 16, 2015

runaway bride

On Sunday morning, I went to the Sunday morning run as usual but was surprised to see one of the girls in a runaway bride dress.  She is getting married this next weekend and so Sally brought in a bunch of the bridesmaids dresses for us to wear during the run.  The dresses were set out on the bench, and since I am never one to turn down running in a dress, I was delighted to pick one out and was totally game to join in the fun. 




a video of us running on the Burke Gilman Trail 
https://instagram.com/p/7neRWOxvIA/


When we got back to the store after the run, Sally toasted JJ with some champagne for everyone. Not my first choice of a drink after a run (especially at 8:30 am), but so fun and celebratory! I told Sally I would go home and wash the dress and return it to her, and she said that of all people, I should have the dress since she knows my history of running in dresses. :) It was such a fun surprise and I loved the whimsy of the whole morning.
the bridesmaid dress that I know I will wear again
(as opposed to some that have just hung in my closet for years)





No comments:

Post a Comment