Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Looking back...

One of our things on our bucket list for the summer is to look through the scrapbooks for the kids because I realized that with as much time as I have put into documenting their lives, we don't look at these books much. So, last night, we looked at Anna's first year. Taylor complained that there were not any pictures of him in there. :)
Tonight was dedicated to Taylor's first year. Tomorrow will be Anna's second year book, and Thursday will be Taylor's second year book...... and so on until we get to their current album.

Here are a few favorites from the last couple of days:











we flipped to this in the notebook where I typed out the emails that I sent out over the years: (June 24, 2005- 9 years ago...) 

June 24, 2005
As I was holding down the fort with Anna, Taylor, Rosie and Nugget Monday through Wednesday, there were times when everyone seemed to need my attention.   On Tuesday morning, Anna gave Rosie a hug and Rosie accidentally knocked her over.  Anna landed on her head on the kitchen floor.  An outburst of crying came and then Taylor decided that he needed some milk too…. and Rosie and Nugget were running through the room.  I almost had an out of body experience as I literally was laughing at the chaos.  We were able to regain sanity a few minutes later and we had a good rest of the day, but what a way to start the day!  

On Wednesday night, Taylor was crying while Anna and I were eating dinner. I was holding Taylor and trying to feed him, and Anna looked over and said, “Mommy, maybe he needs a hug….and a kiss.” She stood up and gave him a big hug.  I thought that my heart would melt…

Here is Anna playing dress up with Rosie.  Rosie was simply tolerating the game, to say the least. 








No comments:

Post a Comment