Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Showtime

I'm pretty sure I am the luckiest mom in the world to have kids who are teaching me to unicycle (and who think it is cool and not embarrassing!) and to have a daughter who let me come along for a ride in the show today. . (and the best PE teacher ever who made that sweet memory of unicycling with the kids possible today with his support and encouragement this year as I've tried to learn!)

There were 4 unicycle performances between the quarters of the annual 5th grade students vs. teachers year end basketball game. 

Taylor (on the B team) rode in two performances and I got to ride in these too with Anna as my wingman.  (FYI- wikipedia defines wingman as the following: "wingman (or wingmate) is a pilot who supports another in a potentially dangerous flying environment." - a perfect definition but we just need to change the word "flying" to "unicycling"...) 

Anna (on the A team) rode in two performances on top of helping me. She is a champ! 
Taylor had a lead role in one of the B team performances bunny-hopping in the middle for everyone else to weave in and out of the pattern they made.  

blurry- but so cool! 
Taylor gave high fives to a bunch of kids as he rode by. 


fun and games 



On top of the unicycling shows (4 routines in all for Anna), she also got to play one quarter of the basketball game against the teachers. 






tall girl 




B Team 



A Team 

No comments:

Post a Comment