Sunday, June 1, 2014

surrounded by beauty...

Mostly I walk with my head down,
gathering shells,
looking for the best ones,
staying focused on the task.

I have the collector’s penchant
for keeping things organized,
knowing my priorities,
expanding my holdings.

Even when surrounded by beauty
I have a goal:
take it all in,
don’t miss a part.

Help me to stop
and take a long, loving look
at just one shell,
at just one smile.

Teach me how
to put a frame around a moment,
to pause reverently,
to see simply.

Robert M. Hamma, Earth’s Echo 
surrounded by such beauty this weekend on Whidbey Island on our camping trip... 
(This was a view AT OUR CAMPSITE!!!) 


roasting Peeps! 

Calvin & Hobbes by flashlight in the tent 


20 mile run on Saturday morning 
(my last long run until my marathon in three weeks!) 



I could not resist taking this picture of a trail marker 
along the way on Saturday morning 

hope for the flowers 


midday at the beach 
starfish 


em and Ryan in our matching dresses 

joy 

drip castle magic 


trail buddies 

the Blue Rooster team out for a ride... (Jason's biking team) 





kite flying Saturday afternoon... 


Anna's picture at the meadow - I love her eye!!  
Sunday morning ride... 

No comments:

Post a Comment