Friday, October 12, 2018

for your morning coffee (or tea)

I had a quick conversation with Dan this week and he mentioned a liturgy I had not come across in the book I have been savoring called Every Moment Holy out which I shared a prayer a few days ago. Though I am sharing this on a Friday evening, perhaps it can be waiting for you for your Saturday morning cup of coffee. 
Be on the lookout for a few more in the days to come... 

A Liturgy for the Ritual of Morning Coffee (or tea for me!) 

Meet me, O Christ, in the stillness of this morning. 
Meet me, O Spirit, to quiet my heart. 
Mend me, O Father, from yesterday's harms. 

From the discords of yesterday, 
resurrect my peace.  
From the discouragements of yesterday, 
resurrect my hope. 
From the weariness of yesterday, 
resurrect my strength, 
From the doubts of yesterday, 
resurrect my faith. 
From the wounds of yesterday, 
resurrect my love. 

Let me enter this new day, 
aware of my need, 
and awake 

to your grace, 
O Lord. 
Amen.



leaves in our driveway this week..

No comments:

Post a Comment