Friday, October 19, 2018

Long time teaching friends

I had the chance to take part of the day to go meet up with a few old teaching friends, 
and it was so much fun to catch up!! 

I met Kristine Jung 20 years ago when I applied to Thorndyke Elementary School when she was on my interview committee. I remember thinking after I left that interview that I knew we'd be friends if I got the job. Thank you, God, for opening that door so I could know this amazing woman and walk alongside her in teaching, parenting and ministry through the years.




I had the huge treat of going to visit Lanie Nowell's classroom today.... This woman was my anchor when I first started teaching, and she taught me so much through her steady love and grace that she brought to the students in our classroom each day. I am so grateful that she keeps on showing up each day year after year for her students- they are so blessed to have her!

blast from the past from 1997-1998 

Lanie's 4th grade class at Hawthorne Elementary 

No comments:

Post a Comment