Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Liturgy that hits the spot

I have a delightful book of liturgies called Every Moment Holy that has a collection of morning, midday and evening prayers as might be expected in a prayer book. But it also has prayers with titles ranging from "For the First Snow", "For Fiction Writers", "For the Morning of a Yard Sale", "For the Loss of Electricity", "For a Sick Day", and "For those Experiencing Road Rage".  Some of these liturgies hit the nail on the head giving words to my own experiences and give direction to where I want my heart to be. 

I've included one that I ran across on Monday called 
"A Liturgy for a Moment with Frustration with a Child." 

Looking at this picture I ran across from 2006, it's hard to imagine frustration with these two.... but there certainly are those days when we are all in need of extra measures of grace to work through things together... 

No comments:

Post a Comment