Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Enchantments 2023

Taylor's friend Evan only had one day he could hike the Enchantments this summer and it was today, and so we pulled off a 24-hour boondoggle over to Leavenworth. I served as the shuttle service as I've done several times before for both Anna and Taylor with their friends, and I also got to hike with them 5 miles up to the base of Aasgard Pass (and then back to the car to run the shuttle).  It was a gorgeous day, and I am soaking up some of these "lasts" with our boy! 

5:30 am at the trailhead 

chilly hike on the way to Colchuck 


at Colchuck Lake 


birthday cheer on the other side of Colchuck (below Aaasgard Pass) 
in honor of Tamara's birthday today 

in a closet of sorts where folks at the Leavenworth library let me work this afternoon 
so I could be on a Zoom call for work 

  

  
signs I made at the library for the boys' photo finish! 

finish at 3:55 p.m.-- they SMOKED it! 




burgers at the trailhead for the finish :) 


pictures from Evan's phone from their epic hike :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment