Thursday, October 4, 2012

India- day two

My friend Jaime gave me Skip Lee's book to read on the plane, and in it, he tells the story of the ministry he started called "Agros" and about his time in Central America over the years.  This quote from his book rings true for my trip here to India for sure: "These experiences can shake us up and scramble our tidy worldviews. We might suppress the images from our minds and go on with our lives with no change.  Or we might allow our souls to be stirred at the very core, and our thinking and our lives cannot remain the same."

We have visited the sewing coop and have been able to go to several homes this afternoon of children who are sponsored in our program and of women who have graduated from the sewing coop. Amy and I have had many tears today from many of the different realities here. So many sights, sounds and absolutely beautiful people....



It is now past midnight here and we just got back about half an hour ago from a time visiting two churches in some villages about an hour away. I am back in a place (like my times when I have been in Kenya) where I am being asked to speak and sing and pray at a moment's notice. It is an incredible opportunity to be stretched, to have my perspective broadened, to have my heart broken over the things that are near and dear to God's heart, and to be around people who love so deeply. 

with a heart overflowing with gratitude...

We got to meet Rachel and Divya's parents and it was such a blessing. This was one among many experiences that moved me and Amy to tears today. Her dad is blind and her mother's story is remarkable about the prayers from Joseph (Ratnakar's dad) that brought healing to her and that changed her life two years ago. Giving thanks for God's rescue of her into the kingdom of light... (see Colossians 1:13-14 for a verse that spoke to this so beautifully today).. 





No comments:

Post a Comment