Tuesday, October 16, 2012

seeing the familiar things in a new way...

 "Most of us lead far more meaningful lives than we know. Often finding meaning is not about doing things differently; it is about seeing familiar things in new ways." - Rachel Naomi Remen 


I love that quote as I am back at home from India right now. My friend Elizabeth wrote this to me while I was away: 
"Em-
Your blog has entered our family's prayers and imagination.  Thank you for
sharing your thoughts.  So much in 10 days there…it makes me feel that as much
happens to a life here that goes largely unnoticed.  I have been trying to
notice more. 
I hope for safe travels as you journey home. 
-E

What a great lesson to ask God to open my eyes here at home just as much as they were wide open in India. I wonder if I would experience the same "assault of the senses" like I experienced in India if I would just ask God to open my eyes and ears so that I would not miss one thing that God has for me on this day... 


I asked Taylor to set the table last night and he got out two Christmas placemats (a sweet reminder of the Allens who gave them to us!) and two Valentine placemats along with the Halloween table runner. Why not just celebrate everything at our dinnertime! 


laughing so hard that he almost spit his food out... (and I was laughing too so the camera was a bit shaky...) 


Taylor and Josiah's top secret mission. After watching this, you will know that we are well protected in this neighborhood... 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofgXRNpDGs8&feature=youtu.be



No comments:

Post a Comment