Saturday, February 23, 2013

Recording the Seemingly Small Things...

As Lisa Jo Baker writes about how she records the seemingly small things,  I too write down (and often take pictures of) the non events.

She eloquently explains why: "Else I will forget them. Else I will only remember the blur. ….I write down the rut and the routine and peel back the corners of wonder. This every day worship. This holy wash, rinse and repeat. This so much sameness that no one would think to look twice.  We write it so we can look back and fall in love with it all over again.
Slowly. Deliberately. Extraordinarily." 



the dinosaurs I saw on my long run this morning in Fremont 

Taylor donning Jason's hat at breakfast this morning 


Caroline White sporting some cool glasses because the sun was so bright! 
(We tend to all be little moles here in Seattle when the sun comes out...) 

Taylor holding a Tigger stuffed animal at a store today to commemorate the pogo stick record yesterday. (By the way, I was totally wrong in my post yesterday- he got to TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED TWENTY! I was one thousand off!! ) 

Lego store adventure today to celebrate the 23rd for Taylor 

Julian (our new friend at the Lego store!) 


Linus (our neighbor) giving Anna and Taylor a lesson on stop motion videos and IMovie. :) 


my souvenir from the Lego store 

Taylor and Anna putting together a Lego set given to them last fall from Janie and Abba 
(with a little help from Matt Drape tonight) 

Andy (12th grade), Anna, Taylor and Matt (9th grade)

Chrissie, Chris, Jason and Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment