Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tender Hearts

We had our mother daughter book club on Sunday featuring Black Beauty. We asked folks to bring something to donate for the animal shelter since this book was such a great piece of literature advocating better treatment of animals.  Eva, Anna and Taylor came with me today to deliver the donations.  It started out fine and seemed fun for everyone seeing the cats and rabbits and the lone ferret. But when we went into the room with all the barking dogs who were looking out of their cages with their longing eyes, Anna and Eva both started crying. Their hearts were so tender and I think they would have adopted them all right then and there if they could have.  (In some ways, it was all I could do not to laugh at the situation since I had certainly not intended to make the girls cry! Oops...)
I am thankful for their hearts and the way they consoled each other on the way home. They came back to the house and started making posters to advertise for the animal shelter.  If Anna indeed does pursue her dream, I see a vet in our future who will have very good bedside manner with folks who love their pets. :)











No comments:

Post a Comment