Wednesday, April 17, 2013

celebrating 20 years- April 17, 1993

Twenty years ago today (April 17, 1993), I went on my first date with Jason. 

When I was a sophomore in college and when Jason was a senior, we went on a double date with Eric Venable and his date.  We first went to play putt-putt golf, then went to get some Mexican food and ended the evening by watching Princess Bride together.  

So, tonight, I had planned for our family to share an evening together with the same events in place.  Even though the weight of Boston's events are still very heavy on my heart, I felt like these are the very things that we need to dig into these days- 
to celebrate and savor and give thanks
with those who have been given to us and to whom we have been given..

As I type right now, I am soaking up the laughter I hear from Anna, Taylor and Jason as we watch the movie... (...."inconceivable!") 


a picture of us when we were dating in California  



putt putt golf 2013 

just like twenty years ago-- 
except that our first date did not have any children or my parents with us.... 


this pink elephant is just the icing on the cake for us for our putt putt experience.. 











fun dinner out tonight in 12 South 


fun to track down the 20th anniversary edition for the evening... :) 

movie time 







No comments:

Post a Comment