Thursday, April 4, 2013

Gathered around a Broken Table

I made a banner for Easter that says "He is risen!"
For Easter, we held it outside for a picture, but then I brought it in and put it on our dining room table as a table runner.


I find that it is so fitting to have it on this table because it is a reminder to me of Easter hope.


For you see, this table is a beloved piece handed down to us from my grandparents and lovingly refinished for us by my dad. It was broken in some places in our move, but our dear friend Bill helped to glue it back together this fall.

  

But in some ways, this is so fitting to gather around a broken table at Easter. The truth that "He is risen!" holds us together in our brokenness.


I am so aware today that I am broken and have so many rough edges. But I am also so aware today because of a few significant conversations lately that I am loved and that there is grace and mercy.


I thought it was so fitting this morning on our drive to school when Anna read the verse above that we are trying to learn together this week.

Giving thanks for the grace that covers us today in the messy details and brokenness of life...

With Easter hope!!!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment