Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Clarity

The sun in Seattle today is glorious and everything seems brighter and more vibrant around us.
Sun has that effect, but so do crises. 

Crisis brings clarity.

I was talking to a friend this week who was relaying a story of a cousin in a troubled marriage. It caused her to look at her own marriage and see how many things there are that are good and not to be taken for granted. 

Boston's events have heightened my awareness of the gifts around me.  It is as if someone turned up the volume or turned the imaging from black & white to color.  There is much to soak up and appreciate and savor.  I know that this awareness will not last forever, but for now, I am trying to keep my eyes open and attentive to the sights and sounds around me. 

As my friend Deborah taught me to pray when we led Sunday school class together in Nashville: "Lord, open our eyes and ears that we would not miss one thing that you have for us today...."

tulip pictures taken by Taylor after school yesterday 
(no photoshop or color enhancing- this is just how brilliant they were yesterday in the sun) 






this morning near Green Lake 







No comments:

Post a Comment