Friday, April 19, 2013

Fwd: reflections from the 2013 Boston Marathon



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Emily Huff <emilyjasonhuff@aol.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Subject: reflections from the 2013 Boston Marathon



Dear friends, 
As many of you know, I was a runner who got to cross the finish line on Monday in Boston.  Little did I know what would ensue a short time after I finished.  

I've been overwhelmed with the love and support of family and friends who have come alongside me and have helped me try to make sense of this week behind me. 


I write because it is therapeutic for me and helps me to process.  And I offer these reflections to you in the event that they are helpful as we all struggle to cope with these senseless acts and events.
(Sorry if you have received some of these already- I just wanted to put them all together for anyone who might find them helpful.)  

All of this impresses on my heart so deeply that life is a gift and I don't want to take anything for granted..... 

Giving thanks for the gift of you all, 
Emily 

April 15th- the first reflection I wrote on the night of the marathon 
http://celebrate-2day.blogspot.com/2013/04/marathon-monday.html

April 16- homecoming (and a bit of comic relief with an interaction I had with an FBI agent at the airport) 
http://celebrate-2day.blogspot.com/2013/04/fragile.html

April 17- an anniversary celebration- even though the weight of the events in Boston are still very heavy on my heart, I felt like these are the very things that we need to dig into these days- to celebrate and savor and give thanks with those who have been given to us and to whom we have been given..
http://celebrate-2day.blogspot.com/2013/04/celebrating-20-years-april-17-1993.html

April 18- continuing to grapple with this week's tragedies: 
http://celebrate-2day.blogspot.com/2013/04/angels-watching-over-me.html

April 19 - counting gifts- the only response I know... 

candles burning bright.... 

A litany of marathon healing and hope from Trinity Church in Boston






profound and beautiful reflections from my two good friends with whom I trained for the Boston Marathon: 
from Catherine White: 
from Elizabeth Hutchinson: 











 
 


 
 


 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment