Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9-11-13

Twelve years ago today, I was teaching in Tukwila trying 
to explain what had happened in NYC to my second graders.
 It seems that most everyone can remember 
where he or she was standing when the news broke on that fateful day. 
And now twelve years later as we remember the incredible loss and destruction, 
I am simply thankful for an ordinary day today---
of working, of picking kids up from school, of taking dinner to friends....
It is yet another reminder to savor and to give thanks. 

I will never tire of seeing Anna and Taylor get out of school as they each ride on one wheel toward me. 


We took dinner to our friends the Swansons. At dinner time, it was still in the 80's so Riley (their 2 1/2 year old) decided that her birthday suit was just fine for her attire. 





No comments:

Post a Comment