Friday, September 27, 2013

Praying in Color

A mentor pointed me to a fabulous website last year called Pray As You Go. While I used it on my own some in the spring, we introduced it to the kids this summer and have begun trying to use the prayers to slow down in the evenings a few nights a week as a family.  It has been a gift to share in it together. While we listen, we each have journals where we draw and "pray in color."  (see http://prayingincolor.com)

Below is one of Anna's pages from her journal last week:

As we shared a prayer around the room before heading up to bed, Anna prayed this prayer, and I scribbled it down as fast as I could so that I could remember it: 
"Dear God,
Thank you for our relationship with you and that we can give all our burdens to you.
Thank you that you know what we are going to say before we do--
Thank you for life and sea otters.
Amen." 

I too am thanking God for life and sea otters today, thanks to Anna...



No comments:

Post a Comment