Friday, March 7, 2014

role reversal

It was so pretty today after school that I convinced Anna and Taylor to help me ride my unicycle a bit on the playground.  (I must say though that this was well after most people had left as I would not want to be trying this when all the parents are there picking up their kids. )   I asked Anna to help me get started again off the wall with the idea that I was going to try to let go of her hand after riding for a bit. But I kept chickening out and kept holding on to her hand on a few of these rounds. At one point, she said to me, "Last one, Mom!" ( I was laughing out loud because of the numerous times I have said this to them at the park when it was time to go when they were still trying to do one more trick.) Quite the role reversal to have my daughter tell me that my time was up! (And now for the courage not to chicken out next time and to start riding on my own more!) 






one wheel in the sun 

off roading like a pro onto the mulch in the playground 


No comments:

Post a Comment