Friday, March 28, 2014

technical difficulties...

Today has not been my favorite day. By all means, nothing really bad happened, but just lots of technical difficulties, shall we say... the search for a lost sweatshirt before school, a meltdown over the sweatshirt, arriving late to school because of the lost sweatshirt,  a trip over to SPU during which a professor wrote down the wrong time to meet Jason and so he was greeted by a dark office, a visit to Home Depot to try to pick out tile for our basement bathroom (not my favorite thing to do), traffic on 1-5 trying to get back to our house, a friend running late causing a bit of a scramble for me for the afternoon, trying to download a movie for our date night (but spending about an hour trying to figure out the computer), losing my wallet for a while, a leaky faucet.... (you get the picture). 

On days like this that rival Alexander's Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day, I recognize that I need the examen so very much.  I need to take a few minutes to exhale to ask two questions:  For what moment today am I most grateful? For what moment today am I least grateful?  I desperately need a brief pause to exhale, to pay attention to what gave joy today and what frustrated me to pieces, and then to offer it to God. 

The fact that the tears and the frustrations and the desire to slam the door on the day can be an offering is all the technical support I need... 


the moment today for which I was most grateful- 
just a spoonful of sugar with Micah today for our monthly baking date 





No comments:

Post a Comment