Sunday, March 16, 2014

water into wine...

In Ann Voskamp's Lenten devotional that we are using again this year, there is a reflection focusing on the story when Jesus turns water into wine.  She ends with this challenge: "Today, think of one way that our Lord has turned your water into wine? What has He made surprisingly sweet, rich, in your life? Draw it out of the barrel today, and use it: revel in a relationship, ponder Grace, notice your health, give thanks for the sun, stars, trees of the field, wind on your face.  Drink of everyday miracles. He has revealed His glory. Do you believe?..."

Today, on my 41st birthday, I have enjoyed drinking of many everyday miracles-  little sleepy voices in the hallway wishing me a happy birthday this morning, flowers and surprises left from friends, our small group gathered together this afternoon... I am richly blessed indeed.

sweet gift that arrived via email this morning from the Children of the Kingdom in India 



stealthy daffodil delivery 


Anna's message on my pillow last night (made out of wire) 

walk in the rain to church 



so happy to get a hug from some of my favorite people at church this morning! 





While Taylor was out having a great time playing nerf gun tag in the mud and rain at a birthday party at the park for one of his friends, Anna and I had a cozy afternoon reading on the couch...  






beautiful roasted veggies Tamara made for our potluck dinner tonight. 




my bread and wine people.... 
so thankful for such sweet communion and fellowship together. 





No comments:

Post a Comment